Thursday 8 July 2010

Mr LE Bee’s Adventure

As you may know I do rather a lot of cycling. Whilst out recently, sat sunning myself in a café with good cake, a bee accosted me. This bee was not after my cake, but a favour. It turns out he is one of the mass of bees stationed at Henstridge Airfield to support the work of the Somerset and Dorset Air Ambulance. Although he enjoys his trips out and gains immense satisfaction from the work done, he was looking to broaden his horizons.

He has limitations to the amount of buzzing around he can do in one day, and gets far too hot and buzzy in a car, and he has tried holding onto cars, but gets blown off as they pick up speed, and then has to avoid any following car as he tumbles around in the air flow. It appears that after extensive research that riding on a bicycle is just about the ideal combination of outdoors and airspeed for a bee to take.

He turns out to be quite a friendly bee, as bees go, and is quite persuasive. The upshot of this is that he wants to travel the length and breadth of the country, and by looking through car windows at road atlases has decided that Land’s End to John O’Groats is not enough and he wants to travel the four cardinal points: The Lizard in south; Lowestoft in the East; Ardnamurchan point in the west and Dunnet Head in the north.

I have agreed to give up my holiday and take this bee on this adventure for us both, providing he flies on the uphills, guards me from wasps, and doesn’t complain when it’s raining. At 80 to 90 miles a day, I think it is going to hurt my more than him.

In order to motivate me and Mr LE Bee on this madness, I would ask you to sponsor us both in aid of the Somerset and Dorset Air Ambulance. Being a bee, he can’t carry much and carrying coins one at a time back to Henstridge is very hard work, so he would prefer paper money or cheques. I on the other hand would take the change from your pocket.

We both thank you for you kindness.

Blog http://gregcycle.blogspot.com/
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/Mr_1470

The Flip Side: My cousin’s 14-year-old son, Elliot, was run down whilst waiting for his school bus near Wedmore in January 2009. The air ambulance attended and took him to Bath Hospital. He died later that day.

I would be grateful if you could help me raise a little money to support the work of the Air Ambulance

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment